There are many beautiful paths from your door and throughout the region (Solutré is a must!)
- Guided nature hikes through Lamartine Valley can be arranged, followed by a Maconnais wine-tasting (July-Sept.)
- Organized walks throughout the season via local Tourist Offices or using private guides
- Domaine St. Laurent, here in Chateau
- Cluny, 7 km.
- Chevagny les Chevrieres, 15 km.
- Macon La Salle is the closest of 7 courses in Saone and Loire, ca. 30min. through the vineyards.
- Bike Rental in Cluny ca. 7min.
- Cycle Path La Voie Verte: Cluny to Givry, follows the valley (ca. 90 km. return) Cluny to Charnay ( ca. 40 km. return)
Canoe and Boat Rental
- Canoe: Baugy, ca. 40min., on the Loire River
- Boat: (closest, without permit) Tournus ca. 40min. on the Saone & Seille Rivers (half-day and more).
- Vergisson (20min.)
- St. Laurent en Brionnais (30min)
- rental half-day or more
- In the pool in Chateau
- Public Pools in Cluny ca. 7 min.
- Public Pools in Macon ca. 25 min.
- Small lake in St. Point ca. 15 min.
- Acrobath: ( Parcours in the trees!) : Bergesserin ca. 10min.
- Rock-climbing: via Tourist Office Pierreclos (in summer months) ca. 15min.
- Aerial Sports (ballooning/ parachuting etc. in the region during summer )
- Nautical Sports (sailing/waterskiing etc. in Macon, ca. 25min. during summer
- Fishing, GoKarting (brochures covering all activities available via Tourist Office)
- Tennis court rental in Cluny (7 km.)
- Wine tasting/vineyard tours: within 10 min. of Chateau beginning with Maconnais wines and further throughout the region, in the
Beaujolais & Chalonnais areas (ca. 20 min.)
- Cave Tours – Blanot & Azé – ca. 20 min.
- Zoo – Romaneche-Thorins – ca. 30 min.
- Animal Park– Saint Christophe en Brionnais ( farm animals, minigolf, pony rides), etc ca. 30 min
- Visits to working farms, sampling local produce, meals on some farms available on
reservation throughout the region in summer.
- Visits to local craftsmen: pottery studios, ironwork, patchwork, woodwork, painting, glassblowers, etc. are possible throughout the
region during the season- sometimes, beginners' courses are given.
Places to Visit
- The many Chateaux and their gardens in the department of Saone & Loire, two of which are within a 15 min. drive of Chateau -
Cormatin & Berzé le Chatel
- The many Romanesque Churches (253!) in the department of Saone & Loire
- Any of the 73 museums in Saone & Loire.
- Some of the great religious and pilgrimage centres : Cluny, Paray-le Monial, and Taizé, the international ecumenical centre founded
by Brother Roger.
Manifestations - a small sample of those regional festivals close to Château
- Foire Nationale des vins de France – (May), Macon (25 min.)
- Les Grandes Heures de Cluny ( July/August,) ca. 7 min. (music festival)
- Jazz Festival, Cluny, (August) 7 min
- Les Rendez-vous de Cormatin, (theatre,) (August) ca. 15 min.
- Various equestrian events in Cluny ca. 7 min.: see calendar provided by Tourist Office
Many small towns in the area have weekly markets selling local produce. Flea markets abound – we can provide you with information.
More to Offer...
This list is by no means exhaustive and does not include visits to the interesting centres of Beaune, Autun, Dijon, Macon and Lyon, to
mention a few. These centres in turn have their own festivals and manifestations and special markets.